Hankey Law Office
434 East New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 634-8565
Fax: (317) 634-9818
Megan Cain is an associate at the Hankey Law Office in Indianapolis, Indiana. Her primary practice areas include disability advocacy, personal injury, and general civil disputes.
Prior to joining the Hankey Law Office as an attorney, Ms. Cain was the Marketing Director for the firm. She graduated from Indiana University in May 2009 with a degree in telecommunications and criminal justice. Upon graduating, she interned for the Indiana House of Representatives and later took a job with the Indiana Democratic Party serving as a campaign manager throughout the state. In 2011 she joined the Hankey Law team.
She graduated cum laude from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 2015. In law school, Ms. Cain was named to the “Order of the Barristers” in the 2014 Honorable Robert H. Staton Intramural Moot Court Competition. She also served as the Executive Note Development Editor for the Indiana International & Comparative Law Review during the 2014-2015 Academic year. She was an avid member of the IU-McKinney Women’s Caucus, Phi Delta Phi academic fraternity and the Dean’s Tutorial Society.
In her spare time, Ms. Cain volunteers for the Johnson County CASA program. She is very passionate about child advocacy in the legal system. She also serves on the Board of Directors for Pathway to Recovery, an Indianapolis non-profit organization dedicated to providing housing assistance to the homeless.
In addition to being admitted to practice in the state of Indiana, Ms. Cain is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
“Be Kind. For everyone you meet is fighting their own battle.”
- State of Indiana, 2016
Courts of Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2016
- Indiana University, B.A. in Telecommunications & Criminal Justice, with honors (May 2009)
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Cum Laude (December 2015)
Current Employment Position:
- Associate Attorney, May 2016
- Law Clerk, 2012-2015
- Marketing Director, 2011-2015
Areas of Practice:
- Presenter to RHI (Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana) in 2016 regarding injury-related claims with a special focus on Social Security Disability, Personal Injury, and Long Term Disability benefits.