Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

When individuals burn fossil fuels, namely natural gas, in poorly ventilated areas, they run the risk of creating a carbon monoxide buildup. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless byproduct of burned fossil fuels that is highly toxic to humans.

Carbon monoxide presents a serious danger to humans because of our inability to detect it. If you or someone you love has suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, contact the Indianapolis personal injury lawyers of the Hankey Law Office at (800) 520-3633 to learn if negligence may have been involved in your case.

Poisoning and Negligence

Since carbon monoxide is allowed to build up when ventilation is poor, individuals must be sure the areas where they burn the fuel is well ventilated. Most poisoning occurs in homes, where people use natural gas to heat their homes and fuel their stoves.

In some cases, negligence may be involved in the design of the home. In these cases, the home’s architect or builder may actually be to blame for poisoning victims. For individuals who visit other properties and suffer poisoning there, the property’s owner may be liable.

Regardless of where an individual suffers carbon monoxide poisoning, it is important to consult with an attorney before filing any legal action to ensure that negligence was involved in the case.

Contact Us

The Indianapolis personal injury attorneys of the Hankey Law Office may be able to help you determine whether negligence factored into your carbon monoxide poisoning. Contact us today at (800) 520-3633 for more information.