Charles D. Hankey, Indianapolis Personal Injury Attorney
Charles D. Hankey
Hankey Law Office
434 East New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 634-8565
Fax: (317) 634-9818
Founding attorney Charles D. Hankey has practiced law in Indiana since 1973. He spends the majority of his time representing disabled clients in pursuit of Social Security Disability benefits.
He received his J.D. from Indiana University in 1973, and holds a B.A. in Psychology from Wabash College. Mr. Hankey is admitted to the Indiana Bar and the Bar for the U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana.
Mr. Hankey has personally handled in excess of 10,000 disability trials. Over the last 25 years, Mr. Hankey has drafted thousands of appeals to the appeals council and Federal Court. He has also been instrumental in implementing social security case law in the district courts of Indiana.
The most rewarding part of his practice is providing hope and solutions to those in their darkest and most trying hours. He considers himself blessed to be able to practice law every day and assist those Hoosiers who need him most.
Current Employment Position
- Founding Attorney, Hankey Law Office
Areas Of Practice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Active member in the American Association for Justice
- Active member in the Public Justice Foundation for 25 years
- Active member in the National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives (NOSSCR) for over 20 years
- Active member of the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Recognized as a diplomat by the National College of Advocacy
- Active member of the American Bar Association
- Active member of the Indianapolis Bar Association
- Serves on Board of Directors of Lutheran Child and Family Services in Indianapolis, Indiana
- The American Society of Legal Advocates named him “Top 100 Litigation Lawyers” in the State of Indiana for 2014