Ashley D. Marks
Ashley D. Marks is a Partner at the Hankey Law Office, which she joined in 2011. She had previously worked at the firm for two years as a Law Clerk while she finished law school. Her primary practice areas are Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Personal Injury, ERISA, life insurance litigation, and Social Security Disability.
She attended law school at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, graduating in 2011. Prior to this, she attended Indiana University, where she obtained two Bachelor degrees in English and Philosophy. While in law school, she was an intern for the Indiana University School of Medicine’s legal department. She also served on the board for the International Moot Court Competition as a writer, and was awarded the best overall written brief during the school’s 2010 annual competition.
During her legal career, Ashley has been recognized as an Advocate by the American Association for Justice. In 2014, she was named as one of the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40. She has also been named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers for numerous years, from 2015-2021. In addition, she remains active in several professional legal organizations.
Ashley considers herself blessed to be a part of the legal community as a whole. As an attorney, she prides herself on attention to detail, being compassionate to the needs of others, and being diligent in the representation of her clients. She is proud to help lead the legal team at the Hankey Law Office, an office committed to serving the injured and disabled throughout Indiana and the Midwest.
Ashley truly enjoys serving within her community. Professionally, she regularly represents the Hankey Law Office at various events which provide support for individuals living with disabilities. Personally, she frequently volunteers at her church, and her town’s local foodbank. One of her favorite events to participate in at her church is Night to Shine, which provides an unforgettable prom experience for individuals with special needs.
In her free time, Ashley enjoys spending time with her son and family, cheering on her favorite sports teams (Braves, Pacers and Colts), and traveling. She also enjoys anything that keeps her active, including rock climbing and running. She regularly runs half marathons, including all her local favorites: the Indianapolis Half Marathon, the Monumental Marathon, and the 500 Mini Marathon.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Active member in the Indiana Bar Association
- Active member in the Indianapolis Bar Association
- Active member in the American Association for Justice
- Speaker at the 2014 Indiana Key Consumer Mental Health Conference
- Presenter to RHI (Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana) in 2016 regarding injury-related claims with a special focus on Social Security Disability, Personal Injury, and Long Term Disability benefits.
- Speaker in 2019 at the National Business Institute’s Continuing Legal Education Course: How to Cross-Examine Vocational Experts
- Speaker in 2020 at the National Business Institute’s Continuing Legal Education Course: Social Security Disability- Proving Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal Claims.
Ashley D. Marks
Hankey Law Office
434 East New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 634-8565
Fax: (317) 634-9818