Melissa A. Davidson
Melissa A. Davidson
Hankey Law Office
434 East New York Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 634-8565
Fax: (317) 634-9818
Melissa A. Davidson is the managing attorney at the Hankey Law Office. She’s been with our office since 2000 and handles cases in the areas of Social Security disability, long term disability, personal injury, ERISA and life insurance litigation.
She earned her law degree from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. She was a member of the Indiana International and Comparative Law Review and completed her studies in the evening while working for the office full time during the day. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in psychology from Ball State University.
Before becoming an attorney, she worked as an investigator for Child Protective Services in the Indiana Department of Family and Children. She also managed a group home for mentally challenged adults and worked at a treatment facility for mentally ill youth. She was a speaker at the 2009 DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) National Conference.
She lives in Hendricks County, Indiana with her husband and son. Her daughter currently serves in the United States Army as a K-9 MP.
Current Employment Position:
- Managing Attorney, since 2013
- Associate Attorney, since 2006
- Law Clerk, 2001 through 2006
Areas Of Practice:
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Active member in the American Association for Justice
- Active member in the American Bar Association
- Active member in the Indianapolis Bar Association
- Active member in the National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Speaker at the DBSA (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance) 2009 National Conference regarding disability benefits and mental health conditions.
- Speaker at the 2014 Indiana Key Consumer Mental Health Conference
- Presenter to RHI (Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana) in 2016 regarding injury-related claims with a special focus on Social Security Disability, Personal Injury, and Long Term Disability benefits.