When an individual has no source of income or earns less for an extended period of time because of their disability, they may be entitled to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).

However, when someone’s income is much lower or nonexistent as a result of their disability, their future retirement and/or disability benefits could be at stake.

Fortunately, individuals may apply for “disability freeze” if their income has been affected by their disability. An individual may then assuredly be eligible for such future benefits.

According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), in order to qualify for a disability freeze, you must be insured by SSDI, file for disability within 12 months of the end of your disability, and be disabled or blind as defined by the SSA.

At the Hankey Marks & Crider, we assist individuals in Indiana that are applying or having trouble applying for disability benefits. Our attorneys may be able to help guide you through the SSA’s complex process and file expediently. Find out how we may be of your help by calling (317) 634-8565.