What usually happens after applying for SSDI online?
Disabled individuals who apply for their Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits using the official Social Security website should expect the following after submitting their application:
- The SSA will send an electronic mail (email) or snail mail to confirm that they already received your application.
- The SSA will review the application form that you fill out.
- The SSA may contact the applicants if they are required to submit supplemental information or papers.
- Applicants will also get notification from the SSA if your dependents are also eligible to get your benefits.
- After the SSA process the application, they usually send a letter through snail mail regarding their decision.
Though filing for SSDI benefits online is convenient, the procedure can be confusing to applicants. However, if you are applying or appealing for your benefits in Indiana, the lawyers at Hankey Marks & Crider may work on your behalf. Call our office today at (317) 634-8565 to find out how we may assist you in the filing process.