It is good to know that the Social Security Administration has a disability program (SSDI) to help individuals who can no longer earn a living due to a disabling condition. Unfortunately, there are some situations when beneficiaries do not agree with SS decisions. Individuals who are unsatisfied with their SSDI should know that they have the right to appeal it by the doing the following:

  • Write an appeal request letter to the Social Security office
  • The appeal request should be submitted no later than 60 days after beneficiary gets the decision
  • Beneficiaries could request for Publication No. 05-10058 or the “Your Right to Question the Decision Made on Your Claim” if still unsatisfied with the new decision

SSDI beneficiaries should note that the SS allow them to seek legal help from an experienced attorney if they have disagreements in the benefits they receive, or if they have any concerns regarding disability benefits. If you are in Indiana, Hankey Marks & Crider attorneys may represent you. Call us today at (317) 634-8565 to find out how we may work on your behalf.