Hello, my name is Jim DuBach. I am with Hankey Marks & Crider. I’ve been an attorney for over 30 years and during that time our office has helped many individuals and families with a wide variety of different injury cases.

When someone is injured what they really want is to turn the clock back and just make the injury go away. That would be great but we’re not able to do that. What the law is able to do is provide you an opportunity to receive fair compensation for your injury. I say opportunity because it is not a guarantee – it depends on what you do with that opportunity. I want to give you some important information today; just some basic tips about what you can do if you suffer an injury, or a loved one of yours does.

First of all, get medical care. Oftentimes people are injured and amazingly they just stay home. They don’t go to the doctor, there’s no medical record of where their injury is, how severe it is, there’s no imaging of the extent of their injury. That’s the first thing: get medical care.

Secondly, immediately obtain the representation of an experienced attorney who can help you and guide you through this legal world that you’ve just entered when you become injured. This is an adversarial situation. You have an adversary in the insurance company, they have no duty to you and it is incumbent upon you to obtain your own attorney so that you have the benefit of legal advice that can guide you through, as I say, the many pitfalls that can occur when a person is injured. You’re injured, the last thing you want to do is worry about a lot of legal details and that’s an excellent reason why you should, as I say, obtain legal representation.

Again, my name is Jim DuBach. I’m with Hankey Marks & Crider. We would be very glad to talk with you about your particular injury case and I encourage you to give us a call. Thank you.