There are three types of compensations under workers’ compensation. The first is the medical bills. For any medical treatment that you receive for that injury that happened during the course of employment, you would have all those medical bills covered as long as that medical care is approved by workers’ compensation. The second would be compensation for any wage for time that you have to take off during that injury. For any time that you are unable to work they’ll pay you ⅔ of your salary for that time off. The third is the PPI or the permanent partial impairment. That is the percentage that you are permanently impaired because of your work injury and that’s typically the settlement part of workers’ compensation and there is a statutory amount per percent that you will be awarded, based on a doctor’s assessment.

If you have been hurt on the job and are unsure of how to begin the process of collecting workers’ compensation, contact a workers’ compensation attorney from Hankey Marks & Crider online or by calling us at (317) 634-8565.