When an accident takes place, the at-fault party’s insurance company will pay for accident damages up to a pre-set limit as stated in the insurance policy. A claims adjuster works for an insurance company. It is his / her job to evaluate medical records, police reports, and damaged property to determine the severity of the accident and how much is owed in damages.

Since the claims adjuster works for the insurance company, he / she will often try to save company money by giving accident victims as little as possible. If you have been in an accident, you need to make sure you are working with an experienced legal professional who can fight big insurance companies and make sure you get the compensation you deserve for your accident.