Indianapolis Government Employee Claims Lawyers

Claiming short- or long-term disability benefits can be a complex process, which can be further complicated by your status as a government employee. Hankey Marks & Crider can help you with your claim, whether you are just getting started or have had a claim rejected.

Unfortunately, injuries, illnesses, and other chronic or long-term medical conditions can leave you unable to work and, thus, unable to support yourself and your family. The Indianapolis area government employee claims lawyers of Hankey Marks & Crider have the experience to help you with your claim and work to ensure that you receive the financial support that you need to take care of your family and life during this critical time. Contact Hankey Marks & Crider today at (317) 634-8565 to speak with a member of our legal team about your disability claim as a government employee.

How Can a Lawyer Help Me With My Government Employee Claims Case?

If you are a government employee and have disability insurance through your government employer, you will likely face a different process than the typical disability claims process. If you are a federal employee, the Federal Employees Retirement System process of obtaining benefits can be confusing and lengthy, with many caveats, such as your age and the length of employment with the federal government. If you are a state employee, this process may be different still.

An effective government employee claims lawyer will be able to assess your case, understand your options, and assist you with every step of the claims process. A lawyer can streamline the process, allowing you to recover the benefits you need to support yourself and your family. If your claim has been delayed or rejected, a lawyer can investigate why and fight to get you the benefits you need. If you’re just getting started with the claims process, a lawyer can help you fill out and file all the paperwork to ensure the process goes smoothly and successfully.

Why Choose Hankey Marks & Crider?

The Indianapolis government employee claims lawyers of Hankey Marks & Crider bring over 75 years of combined legal experience to the table, handling a wide range of personal injury cases. Our attorneys are dedicated to assisting you through your claims process and making sure that you thoroughly understand all aspects of your claim, so you have the support you need if you’re hurt and have to stop working.

Our attorneys have received numerous accolades from top legal services site Avvo, and Mr. Charles Hankey was named as a Top 100 Litigation lawyer in Indiana by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Our associate, Ashley Marks, has been named to the Top 40 Under 40 list by The National Trial Lawyers, and she has earned the designation of Rising Star in Indiana from Super Lawyers. You can trust Hankey Marks & Crider to handle your claims case with the highest level of care and professionalism. We understand your needs and will treat you and your case with the personalized care you deserve.

Types of Government Employee Claims Cases We Handle

Hankey Marks & Crider has experience handling disability claims for local, state, and federal employees. We recognize that your status as a government employee can complicate the process of filing a claim and collecting benefits. If you are a federal employee, the Federal Employees Retirement System may apply.

While federal employees are generally eligible for up to 30 days of paid leave due to sickness or injury, long-term disability claims are primarily filed through FERS. The Office of Personnel Management defines eligibility based on the following criteria:

  • You must have been employed in a position subject to FERS for at least 18 months.
  • You are unable to perform the duties of this position due to “disease or injury, for useful and efficient service in your current position.”
  • The disability must be expected to affect you for at least one year.
  • The agency must confirm that it cannot accommodate the disabling medical condition in your present position.
  • The agency has considered you for any vacant position of the same grade or pay level and in the same region for which you are qualified.

FERS benefits often require additional hurdles and qualifications, and the disbursement process can be complex. Hankey Marks & Crider is here to assist federal or state employees with each step of their government claim. Some cases we handle include:

  • Long-term government disability claim filing assistance: We can assist with filing your initial FERS claim or help with the appropriate agencies within Indiana if you are a state or local government employee
  • Long-term disability claim appeals: If your claim is denied, Hankey Marks & Crider can assist you with the appeals process and make sure that you are able to receive your compensation
  • Long-term disability repayment: If you encounter repayment issues or if you believe that your claim has been unfairly discontinued, you may be eligible for continued compensation.
  • Long-term disability litigation: If your claim has been denied, is discontinued in error, or otherwise subject to questionable treatment, you may have a case. Please contact us to review your government employee long-term disability claim case.
  • Indiana State Personnel Department Claims: If you are a state employee, you will need to file a claim through the state’s Personnel Department. Hankey Marks & Crider can assist you with your claim from start to finish.

No matter what part of your disability claim you need assistance with, Hankey Marks & Crider can help. Through a successful disability claim, you can secure funds to help you pay for your medical expenses, living expenses, and other costs while you are unable to work.

Contact Hankey Marks & Crider Today About Your Claim

If you are a government employee in the Indianapolis area who is seeking assistance with a long-term disability claim, Hankey Marks & Crider is here to help. We will be able to assist you through the claims process, ensuring that you receive the timely benefits that are so crucial to you and your family. Given that your status as a government employee may further complicate the already-complex claims process, we want to make sure that you receive the support you need. Please contact the Indianapolis long-term disability claims lawyers of Hankey Marks & Crider today at (317) 634-8565 to speak with a member of our legal team about your claim today. You can also reach out to us online.