Indianapolis Lawyer for Neglect or Abuse from Live-In Caretaker

When elderly or disabled individuals can no longer care for themselves independently in their homes, a live-in caretaker may be employed to help these individuals in a medical manner or just to help them complete tasks in their daily lives. These caregivers typically spend a certain amount of time with each client before rotating to another one. Usually, these services are privately funded.

Just as doctors and nurses must treat their patients with a reasonable standard of care, live-in caretakers must do so as well. This includes being attentive, professional, and responsive should an emergency occur. They must also treat their patients with dignity and respect in all circumstances.

If you or someone you love has experienced neglect or abuse from a live-in medical practitioner, call the experienced Indianapolis lawyers for neglect or abuse from live-in caretaker at Hankey Marks & Crider at (317) 634-8565.

If your caretaker exhibits the following behaviors, you may be able to claim negligence or abuse:

  • Malnutrition or dehydration of the patient
  • Failure to swiftly respond to a medical emergency
  • Burns from bath water at unsafe temperatures
  • Contributing to unsanitary conditions in the patient’s home or body
  • Contributing to the creation of bed sores
  • Any signs of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse

Medical malpractice is often difficult to prove, so it is imperative that you hire an experienced lawyer to help represent your case. Each case has its own unique facts and characteristics, so each one must be examined carefully to make sure all relevant evidence is presented in the most persuasive way possible. If the judge or jury finds the caretaker guilty of negligence or abuse, he or she may be required to pay financial compensation to the victim and/or their family.

Contact Us

To learn more about caretaker abuse and your rights as an injured victim or family member of a victim, contact the Indianapolis lawyers for neglect or abuse from a live-in caretaker at Hankey Marks & Crider at (317) 634-8565.