Indiana Genitourinary Impairments Attorneys

Genitourinary disorders that qualify for Social Security disability must result in chronic kidney disease. In order to provide substantive evidence of your genitourinary impairment, you must properly document the signs, symptoms, and lab results that show this. An estimated glomerular filtration rate is also necessary to determine if you qualify for disability. This value estimates the filtering capacity of your kidneys overall.

Typically, Social Security will require documentation for at least 90 days in order to make a favorable decision for disability benefits in Indiana. Every case is unique, and even if your condition doesn’t meet one requirement the SSA provides, the SSA uses additional evaluative methods and guidelines to determine if your functional capacity is adequate or not. An Indiana genitourinary impairments attorney will be able to help you better determine if you have a legitimate case for disability benefits.

Types of Genitourinary Impairments

Genitourinary systems impairments affect the urinary tract, genitals, and kidneys. Types of qualifying genitourinary impairments that qualify for disability in Indiana include:

  • Chronic renal disease
  • Chronic glomerulonephritis
  • Hypertensive renal vascular disease
  • Diabetic nephropathy
  • Chronic obstructive uropathy
  • Hereditary nephroathies

When trying to gain a favorable result from the SSA in Indiana, it’s important to document all medical history, records, copies of tests, biopsies, and accounts of any therapy you’ve already had.

Contact a Genitourinary Impairments Attorney in Indiana

If you are no longer able to function as you could or work to your previous full capacity in Indiana due to a genitourinary impairment, you may qualify for disability benefits. A highly skilled Indiana genitourinary impairments attorney can help you navigate the legal system and establish your case with the right medical evidence so Social Security approves your application. For more information, please contact Hankey Marks & Crider at (317) 634-8565.