Indianapolis Dangerous Toys Lawyer
Toys truly are a staple in every person’s childhood. Many adults remember their toys decades after they have played with them and think fondly of the times they had with those products. However, some toys today can be dangerous for children and may cause serious harm. It is important for parents to understand those hazards in order to protect their loved ones from these potentially unsafe products.
Manufacturers that make these toys must be held accountable for their negligent actions. If you or someone you love has been injured by a defective or malfunctioning toy, call the Indianapolis dangerous toy lawyers of the Hankey Law Office at 317-634-8565 today for a free case evaluation.
Toys of Particular Concern
Common toys that may be hazardous include the following:
- Toys with small parts which could lead to choking hazards
- Toys that make loud noises
- Toys made with lead
- Projective toys/toy weapons, such as guns or slingshots
- Battery-operated toys (leak, overheating or explosion)
- Toys with fur or hair that can be ingested
- Toys with strings that are 6 inches or longer (could cause strangulation)
- Toys made with flammable materials
- Toys that require electricity
Though parents have a responsibility to protect their children from misusing the toys, product manufacturers also have a responsibility to provide safe toys with adequate warning labels and instruction manuals. If a child is hurt due to a product defect or malfunction, the company may be liable for those injuries. To find out if you have grounds for a legal case, you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
To learn more about toy hazards and product liability, contact the Indianapolis dangerous toy lawyers of the Hankey Law Office at (317) 634-8565 today.