Indianapolis Underinsured Motorist Attorney

Many individuals are under the faulty assumption that if they are in an automobile accident that is the fault of an uninsured or underinsured motorist, they will have to pay for all their own damages out of pocket. They are unaware that their own insurance policy may have a clause to help cover the cost of the accident.

Most insurance policies include an “uninsured / underinsured” motorist clause. If you have one of these clauses included in your policy, your insurance company will help cover the cost of your damages should you be involved in an accident with an underinsured motorist. Currently, nearly a dozen states in the US require that all automobile insurance policies include “uninsured / underinsured” clauses.

Getting Your Compensation

If you are involved in an automobile accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist and the other motorist is at fault for the accident, the underinsured motorist lawyers of Hankey Marks & Crider can be your advocates and help you get the compensation you deserve.

After your accident, your insurance company will usually require that you take the other motorist to court and sue to prove liability for the accident. If the other party is found to be at fault, you will be awarded damages (both personal property damages and personal injury damages). The underinsured motorist will be required to pay whatever they (or their insurance company) can, and your insurance company will make up the difference between this amount and the damages awarded to you.

Even if you have underinsured motorist coverage, it is important that you contact an Indianapolis car accident attorney to make sure that your insurance company pays you the full amount available to you. Without proper legal representation, you may be forced to settle for a low offer that just isn’t enough to cover your medical bills and lost wages.

Contact Us

If you or someone you know has been in an automobile accident involving an underinsured driver, contact the Indianapolis underinsured motorist lawyers at Hankey Marks & Crider at (317) 634-8565 today to discuss your legal rights.